TJ, Tua, David, Kaleo, Meghan, Jamie, Linsey, Barbara, Charisa
ZIPPYS: 188 OUT. 85 NOT GONE OUT. 127 COLLECTED.
- tell kids to turn into money to Aunty Barb!
- bulletin announcement (for Zippy’s tickets)- Aunty Barb.
YOUTH MINISTRY INITIATIVES:
1. Calling all generals (TJ)
- NEED: Jr. High Leader, Jr. High Pastor (Focused on gathering leaders reach, raise, and release this generation).
2. Rally the troops (Linsey, Tua)
- Gather students together in order to impact this generation
- Events/relational time.
- Sundays- creative stuff.
3. Take the land (moving the battle back onto the campuses) (Meghan, Tua, Linsey)
- gathering students at a campus in order to empower them to reach their friends.
- going on campus
- partnering with existing campus ministries (ex. FCA)
- trying to get into students life.
4. Ohana project (building strong families to raise up the next generation) (Barbara, Lins)
- communication (parents to leaders, parents to ministries)
- parenting skills (advice group, seminars with experts)
- family building activities (camp, baptisms, etc).
5. Going global (Kaleo, Tua, Barbara)
- WOW Jams- LA (evangelism/urban outreach)
- India (orphanage/Woodstock)
- Haiti (service project- worldview opener)
6. Underground movement (4-5 people)- small group leaders (Kaleo, Lins, Meghan)
- creating ohananuma groups in which our students are:
- growing - challenged
- accountable - loved
7. Operation ID (Barbara, Lins, Tua, Kaleo, Auna)
- helping this generation understand what it means to be a man/woman of God.
- close with the underground group
- camps/retreats (poss. Idea: guy/girl retreat in November)
- events (multigenerational)
October 9th= Youth take-over services
Haleiwa: leave Thursday, stay Friday, Saturday, and come back Sunday for church).
possible dates: Aug. 26-29, Sept. 9-12, 23-26. First choice 9/23-26.